KARIBU TANZANIA ASSOCIATION
1. TITLE: Accountant.
DEPARTMENT: KTA Organization.
DATE: November 2013
Karibu Tanzania Association (KTA) is an umbrella organization whereby all 55 Folk Development Colleges (FDCs) in Tanzania are members. KTA has operated as an NGO since 1990. KTA's role is among others, to strengthen the colleges in order for them to be able to fulfill their tasks. Together with the FDC's, KTA play an important role in working with the local community and the local civil society organizations in promoting a better understanding, knowledge and respect for human rights and the connection between these rights and the serious problems that are present in everyday life in most parts of rural Tanzania. To do so KTA is also cooperating with its sister organization in Sweden Karibu Sweden Association (KSA) and other partners. KTA cooperates with KSA to strengthen the sister school relationship between the FDCs in Tanzania and the Folk High Schools in Sweden.
KTA seeks highly qualified candidates for the position of Accountant. The candidate will provide financial administrative support to the Director to ensure smooth use of funds.
One of the key activities will be to Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Analyze & advise on business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses.
• Reports to Director regarding the finances of establishment.
• Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
• Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
• Work as Internal Revenue Service agent.
• Provide internal auditing services.
• Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location.
• Performs other related work as assigned by the Director.
• Advanced Diploma/Bachelor's degree in Accounting and one year of professional accounting experience.
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of basic leadership practices.
• Skill in performing detailed numerical computations.
• Skill in preparing detailed reports on a timely basis.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication.
• Skill in the use of computer hardware and software.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the position to the under signed; deadline for application is before or on 12/11/2013.
Karibu Tanzania Association
P.O.Box 246, Iringa.